We recently reviewed Ovo, currently touring Australia.
Have you ever wondered how the kids who travel with their artist mum and dad get their studies done? After all, just being part of a big circus entourage doesn’t mean you get to miss out on your schooling :).
OVO has a school on site (and so do most Cirque Du Soleil touring companies).
A LITTLE ABOUT THE SCHOOL ON SITE AT OVO
- There are currently 3 students at the OVO School (ages are 6, 7 and 15), two are Russian, one is French.
- The OVO school follows the Quebec school system – it follows the school program, not the school year.
- Only children of artists within OVO can attend the school.
- During Brisbane, the children at the school will finish the school year- they will then have 2-3 weeks off and then will start the new school year in Sydney.
- Children must start school when they are 6 years of age.
- School runs Tuesday-Saturdays (Sun-Mondays off) and runs from 9:30am-3:30pm/4pm. lunch is usually at around 12:15pm-1pm (45 minutes). They also have morning and afternoon recess/break.
Classes are in French or English.
Wow! Which kid wouldn’t want to be part of a school within a circus?